Sunday, April 11, 2010

Kensington Metropark

With the recommendation of my neighbor Lisa who is becoming a regular on our weekly outings, we took advantage of the beautiful spring weather with a bike ride. I have been hearing about this park for awhile, but this is the first time we have ever visited. There is a 8 mile bike/jogging trail around a beautiful lake with a bunch of nature hikes, beaches, and playgrounds along the way. I didn't realize that the bike ride was 8 miles long when we started, however, but once we got going and decided we wanted to stop we were already halfway. So poor Thomas rode his bike 8 miles around the lake. He started complaining around mile 6 and I started getting nervous, but he stopped when we hit the boardwalk and had no problem finishing. It was so much fun. I can't wait to take Steve. I feel bad sometimes that he can't do all of these fun adventures with us. Poor guy has to work.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Hey Stephanie, what a trooper, going 8 miles on his bike. Awesome job Thomas. Your trip to Niagara sounded like lots of fun. We keep saying we're going to go, but I think the closest will get is your blog! We sure missed Hewitt last week.